Creating A Better Community Through Art and Education
Why We Care
When at-risk youth perform better in school and in their careers we are positively impacting their futures and are making our community stronger.
- Low-income students who are highly engaged in the arts are more than twice as likely to graduate college as peers with no arts education.
- Disadvantaged students with a high participation in the arts have a drop-out rate of 4 percent compared to 22 percent for peers with low participation in the arts.
- Participating in the arts is shown to create a feeling of connection and community, which is proven to be a driver in helping people rise out of poverty.
- Most business owners say creativity is the number one skill they seek in employees.
How we are different
We address a unique and growing need for both arts education and youth services in the Fargo metro area.
- By providing after-school programming and summer programming, we’re making a noticeable impact on youth who otherwise lack structure when not in school.
- We provided 2,000 experiences in summer 2018.
- There are at least 6,000 youth in the Fargo-Moorhead metro who qualify as disadvantaged/at-risk.
- Not all public schools offer dedicated arts services or provide adequate time for arts learning during the school day.
- We supply teachers, social service providers and behavior interventionists with training and supplies to provide creative experiences for additional in-need youth.