Creating A Better Community Through Art and Education
Why We Care
When youth perform better in school and in their careers we are positively impacting their futures and are making our community stronger.
- Low-income students who are highly engaged in the arts are more than twice as likely to graduate college as peers with no arts education.
- Disadvantaged students with a high participation in the arts have a drop-out rate of 4 percent compared to 22 percent for peers with low participation in the arts.
- Participating in the arts is shown to create a feeling of connection and community, which is proven to be a driver in helping people rise out of poverty.
- Most business owners say creativity is the number one skill they seek in employees.
How we are different
We address a unique and growing need for both arts education and youth services in the Fargo metro area.
- By providing after-school programming and summer programming, we’re making a noticeable impact on youth who otherwise lack structure when not in school.
- We provided 2,000 experiences in summer 2018.
- There are at least 6,000 youth in the Fargo-Moorhead metro who qualify as disadvantaged/at-risk.
- Not all public schools offer dedicated arts services or provide adequate time for arts learning during the school day.
- We supply teachers, social service providers and behavior interventionists with training and supplies to provide creative experiences for additional in-need youth.